Sew Steady with StitchintheDitch give you Westalee in Canada
MOST IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE CORRECT FOOT FOR YOUR MACHINE LET US GUIDE YOU.
Guidelines for Ruler Foot Selection for your Domestic Machine!
* LOW SHANK FOOT use 3mm rules *MEDIUM SHANK FOOT use 3mm rulers *HIGH SHANK FOOT use 4.5mm rulers (THE STRAIGHT STITCH MACHINE) *SPECIAL HIGH SHANK FOOT use 4.5 rulers *SLANT FOOT FOR SINGER MACHINE use 3mm rulers The Ruler foot, made from composite stainless steel, is designed to float just above the quilt sandwich, there is no hopping mechanism to get in the way of your hands or impede your vision
The base of the foot rests against the edge of the ruler.
Rule #1 for ruler work is to never raise the foot while the needle is down or lower the needle while the foot is up.
Low shank machines have
less clearance behind the foot and under the presser foot bar - Low Shank Rulers are 3mm and the thinnest rulers to work with the Low Shank Foot (LS) and Medium Shank Foot (MS)
Babylock Mostly use low shank foot with low shank 3mm (LS) templates Except - High Shank foot & High Shank(HS)4.5mm Templates- Ellageo, Aria, Crescendo, Destiny,Unity, Journey, Blpy Spirit
High Shank SPECIAL (HSS) Foot & HS 4.5mm Templates BLQP, BL500A Babylock Jane is High special Janome Mostly are– Low Shank Feet using low shank templates except:
High Shank Foot: Atelier 5, Skyline S3, S5,S7, S9, 300E MC,350EMC, XC 500, 552, 656a, 5000MC, 6600MC, 6600P MC,5700MC, 7700QCP, 8000MC, 8100QC, 8200QC, 8900QPC, 9000MC, 9400MC, 9500MC,9600MC, 9700MC, 9900MC, 10000MC, 10001MC, 11000MC,12000MC, 15000 MC
High Shank SPECIAL Foot: STRAIGHT STITCH MACHINES -Janome 1600P, 1600P-DB 1600-QC -BROTHER, PFAFF, JUKI ETC
Most long arm rulers are too thick to be safely used behind the foot of a low shank machine.
Pfaff Passport is Low Shank Most are Medium shank foot (MS) or Low shank foot (LS)
Pfaff Medium Foot Creative Sensation Pro, Creative Sensation, Creative Vision, Creative Performance, Creative 4.5, 4.0, 3.0, 2.0, Performance 5.0, Quilt Expression 4.2, 4.0,Expression 3.5, 3.2, 3.0, 2.0, Expression 150, 2170, 2144, 2027, 2027
Pfaff High Shank Machine:1197,1199,1200,1209,1211,1212,1213,1214,1215,1216,1217,1221,1222,1222E,1222SE Pfaff High Shank Special Foot & High Shank Templates: Pfaff 1200 Grand Quilter
Pfaff Long Arm Templates with ½” Ruler foot or 9/16” (must specify): Grand Quilter 18.8,Power Quilters P3
--REMEMBER LONGARM FEET ARE AVAILABLE FROM YOUR PFAFF DEALER
Bernina Mostly low shank foot & low shank templates with #77 shank adapter except:
Medium Shank Ruler Foot & Low Shank Templates: Bernina 7 Series and 8 Series machines benefit from a MS foot as it allows the foot to sit lower to the plate and helps remove the hop. New Bernina Foot # 72 Use High Shank Rulers can adjust to works with all template thicknesses
Brother Machines Mostly Low Shank Foot Following are High High shank Foot & High Templates Brother – ULT(2001, 2002,2003), VE2200, VQ3000,VM5100, VQ2400, VM6200, XV8500D
High Special Foot & High Shank Templates: Brother PQ1300, PQ1300,PQ1500S
Husqvarna Viking Sewing Machines Most are Low Shank Machines
The information listed below seems to be a great fix for the issues often experienced when template quilting on Husqvarna Viking sewing machines. Designer Diamonds, Rubys, Sapphires,Opal,Epic etc.
1. Do not choose FREE MOTION setting.
2. Go into settings menu and uncheck AUTO FEED DOG DROP - this will open another Menu where you can CHECK to lower the feed dogs.
3. Then uncheck SENSOR SYSTEM.
4. Use the STRAIGHT STITCH (make sure to center your needle in the RULER FOOT) and you should be good. (I have not had any issues with the Designer EPIC; however, if you experience problems, please try the above changes.
Information submitted by Donelle McAdams, Accredited Westalee Teacher) *make sure the auto lift is turned off. Juki
JUKI EXCEED HZL 600 LOW
Low Shank HZL and DX Machines HZL: NX7 DX7 DX5 F600 F400 F300 G220 G120 LB5100 LB K85 80HP 70HW 29Z TL98Q HIGH TL-2000Q HIGH SPECIAL
TL-2010Q HIGH SPECIAL
Watch video below to guide you with installation of your foot