Fold Over Elastic by Annie Unrein
By Annie loves fold over elastic for use with Mesh fabric in her many bag patterns!
Fold-over elastic provides a decorative-type finish to many decorative apparels and crafts.
We especially love using fold-over elastic for finishing the edges of mesh fabric for pockets in purses and bags.
Perfect for finishing a neckline or wristbands on a special outfit, fold-over elastic also beautifully finishes the edges of diapers or diaper covers to securely fit baby.
Directions for use:
1. Choose the side that matches best. One side of fold-over elastic is extra shiny for a fashion finish. The other side features a matte finish for a more subtle finish.
2. Position the edges of fabric in center of fold-over elastic.
3. Fold elastic over raw edges and pin at beginning.
4. For smooth edges: Set the stitch to a straight stitch or a narrow, medium-length zig-zag. Carefully guide fabric and fold-over elastic under machine needle and stitch.
5. For gathered edge: Guide fabric and fold-over elastic with one hand as you stretch fold-over elastic tightly with other hand.
Then straight or zig-zag stitch on edge of fold-over elastic, catching all layers.